THE ROGER F. WENDT EDUCATION AWARD
Recognizing & Honoring those who Champion Efforts that Better the Lives of Students in Iowa
Iowa Pride Network’s Roger F. Wendt Education Award serves to recognize and honor those who champion efforts that better the lives of students in Iowa. The award is named after Representative Wendt, a lead sponsor of Iowa’s historic Safe Schools Law which protects students from harassment and discrimination. The individual’s or organization’s achievements to date will be key to the selection committee’s appraisal; promise for ongoing advancement of their work will be considered.
Nominee Criteria and Eligibility:
- Award winners will have an exceptional record of substantive, innovative contributions in educational initiatives that have bettered the lives of students in Iowa.
- In keeping with Iowa Pride Network’s mission, award winners will support the full equality of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people.
- Award winners must be nominated by a third party.
- Award winners must participate in Iowa Pride Network’s awards ceremony at the annual Spring Soiree and Honors Benefit on April 26th, 2012 in downtown Des Moines.
- Nominations must be received no later than April 2nd, 2012
Click HERE to nominate an individual or organization online.